Meet video game players in San Francisco and enjoy the benefits of the French Pavilion from March 20 to 24, 2023 – Registration before December 15, 2022
After the success of the 2022 edition, France will once again be strongly represented at GDC 2023.
A historic year in France and around the world
The sector achieved a turnover of 5.6 billion euros. This figure is accompanied by a marked increase in the number of video game players. There are more and more gamers: experts currently estimate the number of additional players at 38.29 million. 73% of French people sometimes play video games. And it’s not just young people who are driving growth: 33.51 million players are over 18 years old.
The video game industry in a few years has become the first cultural industry in France, as well as in the world, with revenues that should exceed 200 billion dollars.
An attractive ecosystem…
The video game manufacturing sector is growing in France. More than 1,300 economic players are based in France, including 700 studios across the country. But France’s great asset is the young professionals who benefit from the best working conditions. Especially at leading addresses such as Voodoo, which has become the most downloaded mobile game publisher in the world with six billion downloads. Revenue growth in five years: 700 percent.
Other studios are also experiencing strong growth and have seen their capital increase sharply in recent years: Sorare (580 million euros), Plug In Digital (70 million euros), Dontnod (40 million euros). The list can go on… And some international licenses are in preparation, such as Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream) Dune: Spice Wars (ShiroGames), Flight Simulator (Asobo studio).
…with top conditions…
In addition, the sector benefits from a tax system that mainly stimulates young creative companies. Regional support programs for particularly creative projects complement government support.
…for a digital France in 2030
So many factors that continue to drive this growing industry. It is no coincidence that the sector will have nearly 25,000 jobs in 2021 and that the video game industry has become a strategic sector in France. Part of the France 2030 Investment Plan is also devoted to digital manufacturing, demonstrating the government’s desire to make France a European leader in digital industries.
Developer, producer, or publisher of video games or middleware, you want:
- Identify new partners,
- Strengthen your presence in the North American market,
- expanding internationally,
Join the most anticipated video game event in the United States!
San Francisco will once again host the GDC from March 20-24, 2023.
Workplace offer: €5,800 excluding VAT
- Workstation equipped on the pavilion of France at the GDC 2023 (1 worktop + lockable storage, 1 vertical panel + color LED + logo, 1 24” screen + 2 high stools 1 500 W socket) + Pass exhibitor (A list with additional furniture can be proposed by the stand builder)
- Presence on the official website,
- Access to GDC Connect Business Matchmaking + Meettomatch Unlimited Account Access,
- Communication campaign before and during the event (flyers, press release, RS campaign, etc.)
- Promotion of the delegation to the local video game ecosystem and awareness of the North American ecosystem about the presence of the delegation to make arrangements.
- Network sessions
Optional communication diagnosis: €975
This is a website analysis and communication support in English by a native team of communication experts to maximize their potential and your exchanges with your prospects.
- Open the door to higher business flows through a communication strategy adapted to the market.
- Audit of your website and your brochure by our English speaking team and validation of their suitability (format, quality and content) with the target market.
- A consultation with concrete recommendations for adapting your means of communication.
For any other request, please contact us, we will find the best solution for you!
The Chèque Relance finances my project
Extension of the date of performance of services eligible for the Chèque Relance Export until 15/04/2023
The Chèque Relance Export covers 50%, within the limit of a ceiling, of the eligible expenses (excluding taxes, with a minimum value of 500 euros) of an international support service, including digitized, for French SMEs and ETIs.
It is a real boost for solutions ranging from preparation in France to prospecting in foreign markets.
Up to € 2,500 for participation in a French pavilion at a trade fair abroad + € 800 max / check whether the request includes an additional text translation service.
Companies can take advantage of the Chèque Relance Export at the GDC show after sending and verification of their eligibility file by a cell dedicated to this procedure, no later than December 15, 2022 and within the limit of 6 Chèque Relance Export, regardless of the category (individual or collective service) and 1 Chèque Relance Export for the Training category.
The amount of the aid is paid at the end of the service, on supporting documents.
The National Support System”Export recovery check“may be combined with regional aid, depending on eligibility, within the limits of the ceilings provided for in the respective regulations of each of the schemes.
More information and registration before December 15, 2022