Google has been offering its users increasingly optimal navigation since its inception. Many services are available to individuals as well as professionals seeking visibility. In 2014, Google My Business was born, responding directly to the needs of businesses. But what is Google My Business? What are the benefits of this tool for companies? How did it become a real social network for local outlets? How to benefit from it? decryption.
Google My Business: Definition
Google My Business offers businesses: the possibility to directly create a location sheet online.
So when a person enters the terms of his search on Google, he can see: appear on the right side of his screen an insert Specially dedicated to the company responding to its research intent and then highlighting:
- An image of the company;
- The name of the brand;
- Opening hours ;
- The localization;
- The activity of the company;
- Contacts (telephone, email, etc.);
- customer reviews;
In other words, Google has implemented a service that allows consumers to discover all the practical information about your company. The tool also enables interaction between consumers and businesses! Individuals can write their review, submit photos of purchased products, suggest schedule changes (if wrong), or whatever.
Google My Business is a free toolintended for all sectors of activity, but also for all companies, small or large.
The benefits of Google My Business for Business
Companies are almost 4 million, and that only on the national territory, according to INSEE. So many companies now wanting to get the most out of the game and stand out from the competition. At a time when new technologies are an integral part of our lives, the presence of companies on the internet is a essential to capture new market shares.
To do this, Google is making its tool available that allows companies around the world to:
- Get visibility on the web, even if the company’s core business isn’t online (construction companies, craftsmen, food companies, etc.);
- Increase sales by promoting in-store traffic (drive-to-store) through coupons or promotions;
- Build a strong e-reputation thanks to customer reviews left on the page (spontaneously or after sending a link to customers);
- Forge the link between trade and consumer by publishing the news of the point of sale, photos of your team, of your property;
- Improve user experience by listing useful information about the company (contact, itinerary, questions/answers);
- Increase the traffic on the website thanks to the presence of the URL on the location file;
- Make all companies visible online (regardless of the location or size of the structure…)
- Optimize your local SEO.
Google My Business: Local Natural Referrals
A study conducted by Whitespark in 2021 showed that Google My Business listings were relevant to the local natural references.
Indeed, when the user performs a Google search, his phone or computer is located if this option is activated. So if he adds a local intent to his request, your Google My Business listing can go up in Google’s first results. The algorithm deployed by Google takes into account three important criteria:
- The distance between the searched company and the location of the internet user;
- The relevance between the company and the nature of the internet user’s search;
- The popularity of the company.
So companies have everything to gain mark the geographical parameters in the description of their establishment. And much more when it comes to restaurant chains, shops, crafts for example, which oblige consumers to visit them on site. you ensure the optimal positioning of your business listing on Google.
Keep in mind that you can create as many listings as there are locations owned by your brand.
The location file: a real social network
Where companies can stand out is in the animation of this location sheet. If some think it’s enough to reference it, others use additional services to increase their local visibility.
Also, it’s not about publishing messages identical to those of your Facebook account or Instagram.
Rather, it’s a matter of communicating your company’s news, very reassuring for users:
- The news your company: products, dishes, design, etc.;
- Major events: exceptional opening, exhibitions, conferences, recruitment;
- Offers promotional of the moment ;
- Additional information regarding:for example, the restrictions in force to prevent the spread of the virus or an exceptional change in planning, etc.
The Google Posts are immediately visible in Google search results for seven days. In addition, there is another handy service: instant messaging, such as social networks, which allow you to communicate directly with users and answer their questions. You humanize this GMB page and build trust.
How do you create an account on Google My Business?
Do you want to be visible on Google? It suffices for this create your account on Google My Business.
- login next page ;
- Then equipped with your GMAIL email addressyou can then proceed to create your Google My Business page;
- Your establishment may already be in the GMB list, but if it is not present, enter it manually by clicking ” Add your business to Google “.
- Fill in all the information about your establishment: the name of the brand, the nature of the activity, the website of the latter, your contacts, etc.
- The business listing is created by Google.
Google also indicates that a seriously completed and optimized file will increase its chance of being visited by 70%!
It therefore appears that Google My Business has been added to the list of essential tools to use for increase the visibility of your company. Combined with a thoughtful SEO, good marketing knowledge and some editorial notions, your business will rise in Google searches.
Article written by
This text is published under the responsibility of the author. Its contents in no way implicate the editors of Les Echos Solutions.